Music, Drawing & the brain
The health benefits of creative self-expression are abundant. Whether challenged with a physical illness, in need of stabilizing your emotions or looking for an outlet to enhance your well-being, expressing your creative imagination through art and music can be a viable and transforming healing process leading to balance and vitality.
Listening to harmonic sounds and music
- Slows down and equalizes brain waves
- Normalizes heartbeat, pulse rate and blood pressure
- Regulates stress-related hormones
- Boosts the immune function
- Strengthens memory and learning
- Increases endurance and productivity
- Improves the quality of sleep
- Elevates mood and reduces anxiety
Expression through drawing and painting
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Enhances access to the right side of the brain allowing for greater creative problem solving
- Strengthens focus and increases attention
- Reduces stress and pain with increased production of endorphins
- Activates the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, improving mood
- Enhances intuition.
- Memories and experiences stored in your brain become stronger, more vivid, and easier to access
- Increases production of neural synapses enhancing brain function
Copyright © 2016 Chantal Desmoulins - Tous droits réservés.